Week 4 - Cool off in Fan Hall
June 21 - 25
It’s been a hot summer at Camp Save-a-Watt. It’s time to cool off in Fan Hall with an ice cold drink or ice cream. We learned last week how we can save energy and warm up with heat from the sun. This week, we’ll learn how to keep cool and save energy with fans.
Do you remember what you learned last week? Can you recall any vocabulary from the Sunny Point lesson? You’re doing a great job!
At Fan Hall, we can remember fans keep people cool. So, turn on a fan when you want to cool down, but turn it off when you are no longer using it.
This week you’ll need these supplies to complete the camp craft.
- Popsicle sticks
- Glue drops or tape
- Markers and crayons
Visit your local library and check out any of these great reads to learn more about electricity!
- The Air Around Us by Eleonore Schmid
- Air is All Around You by Franklyn Branley
- Let’s Try It Out in the Air by Seymour Simon
- The Science Book of Air by Neil Ardley
- Wind: Explore, Create, and Investigate by Isabel Thomas
- Wind Power: 20 Projects to Make with Paper by Clive Dobson
- Generating Wind Power by Niki Walker
- Whoosh!: Lonnie Johnson’s Super-Soaking Stream of Inventions by Chris Barton
- One Hot Summer Day by Nina Crews